Freedom of Information
In keeping with the requirements of The Freedom of Information Act (2000), the Board of Governors of Seaview Primary School supports a culture of good communication and accountability. The school will make information available, on request, to those who are entitled to receive it. At the same time, it recognises the need to protect sensitive personal information. All information provided by the school will either be available on its website or in paper form.The governing body is responsible for maintenance of this scheme.
- To clarify:
o The classes of information which the school publishes or intends to publish;
o The manner in which the information will be published;
o Whether the information is available free of charge or on payment.
- To ensure that the school responds effectively and efficiently to requests for information.
- School information can be divided into four broad categories:
(b) Governors’ documents – information published in the Governors’ Annual Report and in other governing body documents.
(c) Documents relating to students and the curriculum – information about policies that relate to students and the school curriculum.
(d) School policies and other information related to the school - information about policies that relate to the school in general.
See below for a more detailed list of available documents.
- Information can be requested by contacting:
Address: Seaview Primary School, Seaview Drive, Belfast BT15 3NB
- Single copies of information covered by this policy are usually free, on request. However if responding to a request involves a significant amount of photocopying or printing, or (b) the payment of a large postage charge, or (c) is for a priced item, such as a printed publication, the cost will be quoted before the request is fulfilled.
- The legislation requires us to respond to your request for information as soon as possible after it is received, and not later than 20 working days after the date of receipt. This timescale may have to be extended if, for example, the information requested is very extensive and therefore takes a long time to gather or we are waiting for you to pay a fee.
- The Board of Governors welcomes comments or suggestions about this publication scheme. In the first instance, comments or suggestions should be addressed to the Chair of the Board of Governors, at the school address.
Types of Information Currently Published
- School Prospectus
The contents of the prospectus include the following:
- The name, address and telephone number of the college
- The names of the Principal and Chair of Governors
- A statement of the school ethos and values
- The curriculum provided
- Pastoral care
- Information about the school’s provision for pupils with special educational needs
- Extra-curricular enrichment
- Parental partnership
- Information on the school’s admissions policy
- Governors’ Annual Report and other information relating to the governing body
The annual report of the Board of Governors must contain:
- a summary of the steps taken by the Board of Governors in the discharge of its functions during the period since its last report; and
- any other information as the scheme of management of the school may require.
The annual report is required to:
- be as brief as is reasonably consistent with the requirements below;
- give the name and membership category of each school governor;
- give the date on which the term of office of each member (other than the principal) comes to an end;
- name the chairperson and secretary of the Board of Governors;
- provide information about arrangements for the next election of parents to the Board of Governors;
- contain a financial statement
- reproducing or summarising any financial statement furnished to the Board of Governors by the education and library board or DE;
- indicating how any grants or financial allocations to the Board of Governors in the period of the report were used; and
- providing details of the application of any gifts or bequests made to the school in that period.
- describe the arrangements made for the security of the students, staff and the school premises, and any changes since the last report;
- describe the steps taken to develop links with the community;
- describe the arrangements and facilities for pupils with special educational needs (SEN), ensuring that they are treated no less favourably than other students;
- describe the steps taken to secure the implementation of the SEN policies;
- provide information as to the facilities provided to assist access to the school for pupils with a physical disability and the Accessibility Plan for the school;
- provide such information on the curriculum and educational provision and educational achievements as is required to be made available in the annual report in accordance with Regulation 10 of the Education (School Information and Prospectuses) Regulations (NI) 2003.
- Policies relating to students and the delivery of the curriculum
A number of these policies are available through the school website or are available through the school office. Where any are required that do not feature there, however, please contact the school office.
- Pastoral Care Policy
- Special Educational Needs Policy
- Accessibility Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Positive Behaviour Policy
- Suspension and Expulsion Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- E-safety Policy
- Policy regarding Electronic Devices and Mobile Phones
- Drugs Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Gifted and Talented Policy
- Curriculum Policy
- Homework Policy
- Uniform Policy
- Other school policies and information related to the school, including the following:
- School calendar including term dates
- Health and Safety Policy
- Critical Incident Policy
- Complaints procedure
If there is dissatisfaction with any response from the Board of Governors, a formal complaint may be made to the Information Commissioner’s Office as the organisation that ensures compliance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and deals with formal complaints at:
Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Enquiry/Information Line: 01625 545 700
E Mail: email@example.com.
Website : www.ico.gov.uk